While bleach may kill mold on some surfaces, it does not kill mold on porous surfaces such as wood, drywall, cloth, etc. Chlorine bleach (sodium hypochlorite 6 percent) cannot get into the porous surfaces where most mold hyphae (the root structures) grow and attach themselves. Bleach has an ion structure that prevents it from penetrating porous surfaces, thus the root structures inside the porous surfaces are not killed. While the bleach may remove the mold from the top of the surface, the roots are still inside the pores.
Furthermore, bleach could increase mold problems. The water in the bleach soaks into the porous surface and the chemical stays on top. This gives the roots more moisture to grow. Dense mold will grow onto the surface within a few days of bleach treatment and the wet surface becomes a magnet for mold spores that were not killed by surface treatment.
The only way to properly get rid of all mold is to treat it professionally. Call The Mold Pros or complete and submit the "Speak with a Mold Pro" form to ask questions about mold, our process or to schedule a time to test your home or business for mold.Call Today for More Information