If you’ve had a mold issue or someone in your home is suffering from symptoms related to mycotoxins, you may need to call a specialist to handle the problem. Many times, homeowners think they have taken care of the issue by killing the visible mold. However, they may still have mycotoxins in their home. This is because these toxins are non-living chemicals that linger long after the producing mold has been eradicated. A journal article written in 2019 by Omotayo et al states that these invisible off-gases can have a major impact on human health. Invisible to the naked eye, these particles can permeate your house through your HVAC system. They can become airborne and setting on the food you eat. When you breathe the air, the mycotoxins can work their way into your lungs. If you are to also come into dermal contact with mycotoxins, it can be absorbed through the skin. Once they have entered the body, the can pass through the bloodstream and collect in vital organs such as your liver and kidney. Not all types of mold produce mycotoxins and not all these toxins cause serious health problems. Mycotoxin testing can be performed by your doctor to evaluate your symptoms. If at-home testing is required, a professional assessor is recommended.